As you all know by now, the iOS 9 jailbreak, released on Oct 2015 , has now been patched by iOS 9.1 [at the time of writing this article]. Apple is still signing iOS 9.1 so you do still have time to update to it (not OTA) and jailbreak with Pangu for Mac or Windows. If you have updated to iOS 9.1, again, you still have a short time in which to downgrade and install the jailbreak.
Image : Download Pangu App Icon on iPhone
What if you’ve upgraded to iOS 9.1 and want to fool people into thinking your brand new iPhone 6s has been jailbroken ? Obviously, you can’t actually jailbreak iOS 9.1 at the moment but there is a way to get the Pangu Icon showing on your home screen, so perhaps people might think you have managed it.
How to Download Pangu Icon on iOS 8 – iOS 9
- From your Home screen , open Safari browser
- Open this website – www.downloadpangu.org
- Tap on the UP arrow – located at the bottom of the screen
- A pop-up message will appear – Tap to save the page to your Home screen
- Name the icon Pangu if it’s not already that .
- Quit safari and you will see the Pangu icon on your Home screen .
Please note that doing this does not constitute a jailbreak. All you are doing is putting the Pangu App icon onto your Home screen and it is just a bit of fun. You can see the process in the following video . If you do want to install the proper jailbreak, make sure you are on iOS 8 – iOS 9 and then install the jailbreak using one of the following links:
Video : How to Get Pangu App icon on iOS iPhone 6