We recently told you that TinyUmbrella is coming out of retirement and developer Semaphore has rebuilt the popular SHSH blob tool with support for iOS 8. Right now, the tool is only in beta and can only be used to save SHSH blobs; it does not yet allow for downgrades but, at this stage, that doesn’t matter because neither of the two active iOS firmwares, iOS 8.1.3 and 8.2, can be jailbroken.
Image : TinyUmbrella for iOS 8
TinyUmbrella 22.214.171.124 Features :
That said, Semaphore has promised that the utility will be upgraded over the coming months to include all the features we have come to know and love about the tool and the first update is here with loads of bug fixes and improvements, including :
- iTunes Architecture Detections – If TinyUmbrella and iTunes are of different architectures, TinyUmbrella cannot detect your iOS device. The update allows for the tool to detect and warn you if iTunes is different
- Contention issues – some users suffered with race conditions at startup and file handling; this has now been fixed
- SHSH ECID detection – TinyUmbrella was unable to detect older versions of SHSH formats but this has now been fixed
- TSS Fetch Cooldown – This has been made longer, stopping the problem of a temporary IP ban following TSS server flooding
- Device Highlighting from SHSH table – now, when you choose a signature, the corresponding device will be highlighted in the tree
- Lots more bug fixes
If you want to give the updated version of TinyUmbrella a go, Download Tinyumbrella [ext link] version 126.96.36.199 from their website. You can see instructions here on how to download and use it [ext link]. Semaphore says that future updates will contain a lot more, including on-device SHSH fetching for both A7 and A8 devices. Right now, we recommend that you download and install TinyUmbrella and save your SHSH blobs, especially if you are on iOS 8.2. There will be a jailbreak at some point in the future and, given Apple’s current speed at patching the jailbreaks, you’ll be glad you saved them!
Have you downloaded TinyUmbrella yet ? What do you think of it ?