You’ve updated your iOS device to iOS 10 and installed the jailbreak, now all you seem to get are Size Mismatch errors. Why are you seeing this ? Size mismatch errors tend to happen when Cydia attempts to refresh its sources at the same time as repository sync but it isn’t too difficult to fix. The following tutorial will walk you through the steps and allow you to install your favorite tweaks once more.
Image : Cydia iOS 10 Size Mismatch Error
Why am I Seeing a Size Mismatch Error ?
The most likely reason is because, while you were refreshing Cydia, you left it open and running or, while a specific repository was being synced, you tried to refresh your Cydia sources at the same time. It might well be that you refreshed at exactly the same time as the package you were trying to download was updated on its repository or it could just have been sheer fluke.
No matter what caused it, unfortunately Cydia now has corrupted cache files and, until it is able to refresh the cache, you have to live with it. That can be up to 24 hours or more, until the affected repository refreshes again.
How to Fix Cydia Size Mismatch Error on iOS 10 :
If you find yourself getting one of these errors after trying to install a tweak, you can solve it easily just be getting rid of the repository you were downloading from ad then putting it back again. Cydia will remove everything related to this repository, including the cache files and then replace it.
Should the repository you need to add back in be a default one, like BigBoss, this is how to do it:
- Open Cydia and tap on Source > Edit
- Look for a red button to the side of the available repositories – this shows you which repositories are at fault. Tap on the red button
- Tap on Delete and you will get a message that Cydia is “Reloading Data”. This removes that repository from Cydia
- Tap on Done
- Tap on the tab for Cydia to go back to the main page
- Now tap on More Package Sources
- A list of available default sources will come up – tap on the one you want to add
- Tap on OK
- Cydia will now proceed to add that repository back in
- When it has finished, tap on Return to Cydia
You should now see that repository back on the list and you can reload your tweak again.
- Non-Default Repositories
If the repository you need to remove is not a default one, follow the above steps up to and including step 5. Then follow these steps:
- Tap on Add at the bottom of the screen
- Type in the URL of the repository you want to add
- Tap on Add Source
- Once Cydia has finished loading in the source, tap on Return to Cydia
- This takes you back to your list of sources and you can reload your tweak.
Size mismatch errors can happen at random times and it won’t always be anything you have done. The above steps will help you to take care of the problem and carry on as normal.