Pangu and PP Assistant are two of the most prominent jailbreak teams right now and, once again, they have provided us with a jailbreak. It’s called PPHelper but it is slightly different from previous jailbreak tools. For a start, it can only be installed on a 64-it device so if you are still using a 32-bit device you will have to give this jailbreak a miss. Second, it is a semi-untethered jailbreak, requiring you to reinstall it every time you reboot your device. To help you out, Italian hacker and developer Luca Todesco has released a utility that automatically reactivates PPHelper for you. It is based on the JailbreakMe tool from many years ago, and you can find the instructions at the given link. The steps to install PPHelper jailbreak on your iOS device can be found below.
Image : PPHelper Jailbreak
Things to Do Before Jailbreaking :
- Back up your iOS device using iTunes and or iCloud
- Make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes on your Windows computer
- If you updated your iOS device using the OTA method, Restore it using iTunes to make sure you don’t run into any trouble with the jailbreak
- Disable your Passcode
- Disable Touch ID
- Disable Find my iPhone
All of these services can be re-enabled one you have successfully jailbroken your device.
How to Install PPHelper Jailbreak :
- Download the PPHelper Assistant [ext link] onto your computer
- Connect your iOS device to your computer
- Right-click on the icon for PPHelper and click on Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu
- Wait for PPHelper to recognize your iOS device
- When it does, click on the big green Jailbreak button.
- You may be asked to input a Captcha code before you can move on – do so or you will not be able to install the jailbreak
- Now wait for PPHelper to prepare the jailbreak
- When the preparation work is complete, Tap on the PP icon added to your homescreen.
- You will now be asked to give permission for a profile to be added to your device. You must agree to this as, if you don’t the jailbreak cannot be installed
- When this has been done, go into Settings > Security and go to the Profile page
- Click the button beside PPHelper | Pangu to trust the app
- On your iOS device, launch PP app and click to Allow Push Notifications
- Uncheck the box beside Install PP Assistant
- A big button will appear in the center of your screen – click on it. Pangu will now start the process of jailbreaking your iOS device
- Lock your device screen and wait – you should see the Pangu notification on the lock screen. Ignore the Storage if Full message and wait for Pangu to install Cydia on your device
- Your iOS device will then restart
- Tap on the icon on your home screen to launch the Cydia and see if the jailbreak was successfully installed or not.
If the jailbreak was not successful for some reason, simply start over from the beginning and try again.
Let us know how you get on with the latest jailbreak tool. For more up to date jailbreak news and developments, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.