Pangu team has released the first ever Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak tool on Oct 14th 2015 and it supports iOS 9 upto iOS 9.0.2 officially. We tried it on our iOS 9.1 beta device , and it appears to detect and jailbreak our device. Initially with Pangu 9 v 1.0.0 it took us multiple tries to jailbreak it , but finally it did. Below is a step by step tutorial for iOS 9.1 jailbreak using Pangu 9 tool using the recently released Pangu 9 jailbreak tool version 1.3.0 [ Windows] and version 1.1.0 [Mac].
Pangu iOS 9.1 Jailbreak :
Pangu 9.1 :
How do we know that Pangu team is working on a Pangu 9.1 jailbreak ? Well, Pangu had recently released iOS 9 Jailbreak , which hinted towards the possibility that the team is also working around iOS 9.1 too . Also, Apple had credited Team Pangu along with TaiG for discovering an iOS 9 exploit, thus proving that Pangu team was indeed searching exploits in iOS 9.1 to build a jailbreak.
There is also a possibility that the Pangu team
might already released the final iOS 9.1 jailbreak in association with the Keen (K33n) team. It was only a couple of months ago when the Keen team had announced that they were working on a Keen Jailbreak for iOS 9 under the guidance of the Pangu team, thus confirming the fact that a Pangu iOS 9.1 jailbreak can come out any time soon is now available.
Pangu iOS 9.1 Jailbreak Tutorial :
There are two methods to download and install Pangu 9.1 jailbreak . Both of them are explained below .
Method 1: Using Pangu 9.1 jailbreak installer for iOS 9.1 jailbreak . Needs a PC
Method 2 : Using Safari method to download Pangu 9.1 app icon on your device Without using a Computer
Method 1 : Pangu 9.1 Jailbreak Tool
The full step by step method for doing this process is explained here . Note that its 100% compatible with iOS 9.1 devices and later. Pangu team is working to bring a more stable version for the jailbreak tool for iOS 9.1 users . If you face any issues with the existing version skip to Method 2 to keep a tab on latest Pangu 9 jailbreak updates. Download Pangu for jailbreaking from the given link.
Method 2 : Pangu 9.1 App icon Download
- Launch safari browser on your computer .
- Search this text ios 9.1 jailbreak and in the results page select the site with the url downloadpangu.org. This page has been dedicated speicially for Pangu 9.1 app icon download on your homescreen .
- Now this will open the mobile version of the page . Those who cannot find the site through search and directly type the website url in the address bar downloadpangu.org .
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on the Up arrow as shown here .
- This will bring up a screen to Add to HomeScreen . Tap in that to proceed
- Now name the app icon Pangu if its not already that . Tap on Add to proceed
- Voila ! You have Pangu 9 app icon on your home screen. Now tap on this to get the latest Pangu 9 jailbreak updates on your device .
Video : Here is a video tutorial for the above process
Note : The Pangu 9 app icon downloaded by this method has certain limitations and doesnot give all the jailbreak capabilities that a Pangu 9 PC installer would do. For a full fledged Jailbreak experience , follow the tutorial in Method 2 below .
Pangu 9.1 Release Date :
iOS 9.1 has been released by Apple on 21st Oct 2015 [ iOS 9.1 download ] . Therefore, an educated guess says that iOS 9.1 jailbreak
may be has been released on 11th March 2016 soon, though there’s no official date as of now. Pangu has already released iOS 9.1 jailbreak and initially report indicates that Apple has patched those exploits in iOS 9.3 and hence the exploits have been wasted .
So keeping all this in mind, we can safely conclude that the Pangu team is working on an iOS 9.3.1 jailbreak and we should expect them to release it when released .