The rate at which Apple is pushing iOS updates out at has been surprisingly fast and this is most likely the reason why we haven’t seen a jailbreak for some time. There is a very high possibility that the Cupertino company has managed to patch an awful lot of usable exploit with their updates, whether they meant to or not. But, despite a long absence from the scene and rather than conceding defeat, Pangu has come through with a brand new jailbreak tool for iOS 9.3.1.
Image : iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak Update
PPHelper was a combined effort between Pangu and PP Assistant in China and, although we weren’t expecting it now, we had been given a hint that one was imminent. Pangu were co-hosts at MOSEC, the mobile security conference that is held yearly, when it was held at the start of July in Shanghai. As well as showing off an iOS 10 jailbreak for iOS 10 beta 1, they also hinted that a new iOS 9.3.1 jailbreak could be on its way and here it is.
Can Everyone Use PPHelper :
In a word, no. Sadly, the PPHelper jailbreak will not be usable by all iOS users – first, it will not work on 32-bit devices. However, since the majority of active devices are 64-bit, this shouldn’t have too much of an impact. Second, though, the jailbreak tool is only compatible with Windows at the moment although we have no doubt that a Mac version will appear at some point. And, just to top it off, it’s in Chinese. An English version will be released at some point but, so nobody missed out, we have prepared a step-by-step tutorial, in English, for you to follow – more about that a bit later on.
Compatible Devices :
The following devices will work with PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.3.1:
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to Get iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak :
Pick any one of these methods to install iOS 9.3.1 jailbreak onto your iOS device.
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
Use your Windows computer to install the PPHelper jailbreak onto your iOS device. Click the given link to go to a full tutorial that will guide you through the process.
Method 2 : Safari Method for iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone and go to your favorite search engine.
- Now in the search engine, search this term “iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak” and tap on search button as shown here .
- In the results page you will need to find the website with the url DownloadPangu.org [as shown in the image above] . Tapping on this result will bring up a webpage specially degined for Pangu 9.3.1 app icon download onto your device
- After the page loads up , go to the bottom of your iPhone and tap on the UP arrow as shown in the image here .
- After this it will bring up the options page where you need to select Add to HomeScreen . Tap to proceed
- In the next screen , rename the app icon as Pangu and tap on Add
- Voila ! You have now Pangu app icon installed on iOS 9.3.1 firmware . Tap on the icon to get the latest of Pangu iOS 9.3.1
Video : Here is a video explaining the above process
Follow the video tutorial below to download the Pangu 9.3.1 app icon on iOS 9.3.1 without using PC or Mac .
Method 3 : Pangu 9.3.1 Installer
Pangu 9.3.1 Installer has not been released yet so, to make sure you get the download links when it is, subscribe to our free email newsletter below and follow us on Facebook. We’ll send the links and all jailbreak developments straight to your inbox.
Get iOS 9.3.1 Jailbreak Updates via Email :