Just under one month ago, Pangu released an untethered jailbreak utility for iOS 8 . At the time, it was a little unstable and did not have Cydia included in it and that put many people off using it to jailbreak. A number of updates have rectified the problems and the jailbreak is now complete. Time is running out for anyone who wants to jailbreak iOS 8 . Apple is on the verge of releasing next iOS version which we now know patches the jailbreak so if you are thinking about it, now is the time to do it.
Image : Pangu iOS 8 Jailbreak
Supported Devices :
Pangu 8 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPad [ All Models ]
- iPod Touch
Before you Jailbreak iOS 8 :
- Turn off your Passcode , Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Turn off Find my iPhone – Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
- Clear off any unwanted apps, documents and data to clear space
- Download the latest version of iTunes if you don’t have it – open iTunes and click on Click on Check for Updates and if there is an update, install it straightaway
- Back up your data through iTunes and/or iCloud
- Make sure your iOS device is running iOS 8. If not, update using the IPSW method, not OTA
Pangu Jailbreak iOS 8 :
Here are all the methods to download Pangu iOS 8 Jailbreak on your iPhone.
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
This is an easy method that requires only your device, the internet and Safari browser:
- Open Safari and go to downloadpangu.org
- When the webpage has fully loaded, click the UP arrow , top or bottom of the page
- A new screen will load, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you must name your app icon so type Pangu into the box and tap on Add
- Close Safari and the Pangu icon will be on your home screen
Video: Watch to see these steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
- Open Safari and go to this [ link ]
- A Pangu information page opens, tap on Install Directly to iOS Device to allow the profile to install
- Now Settings will open, tap on Install Profile
- Type in your passcode if requested and Safari browser will open
- Tap on Install Pangu and then tap Install on the confirmation message
- Settings opens again, tap on Install
- Tap Next > Install > Done
- Wait for Pangu to be installed on your device
Method 3 : Pangu Jailbreak App [ Expert Method ]
Please note, this tutorial is for Windows users only :
- Download Pangu 8 for Windows or Mac
- Save it to your desktop
- Right click the Pangu icon and select Run as Administrator [on windows] .
- Mac users simply run the Pangu app and select OK to the warning message that appears . If it doesnt open check how to fix Unidentified Developer Error
- Pangu will open and will detect your iOS device
- Click the Blue jailbreak button
- Do not touch either your computer or your iOS device while the jailbreak is installing – the Pangu screen will tell which of the 6 jailbreak stages it is currently on
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod will reboot several time throughout the jailbreak – expect it to take around 10 minutes to complete
- Pangu will tell you when the jailbreak has been successfully installed, your device will reboot and the Cydia and Pangu icons will be visible on your home screen
Video : Jailbreaking iPhone with Pangu 8 App
Fix Pangu Not Working Issue :
At some point after you install it, Pangu will crash and, no matter how many times you reinstall it, it will continue to crash, each time taking down all the apps and tweaks you downloaded. One way to get it back is to reinstall it but that won’t solve the issue because the problem is caused by Apple revoking the certificate, this is because they don’t consider the app as valid and there is only one way you can get around it. You must install Anti Revoke, a small tool that will protect your apps from having the certificates revoked. To find out how easy it is to download Anti Revoke [ext link], click on the given link.
Cydia Alternatives :
For those that are not in a position to download Pangu, there are some Cydia alternatives that contain some apps and tweaks. Two of the most popular are:
AppValley is a feature-rich app installer with lots of content to choose from. You will find some of the more popular Cydia tweaks, modified content, like Spotify++, Pokémon Go++ and Snapchat++ and loads of paid and premium content for free. Find out all the details, including a full tutorial on how to download AppValley [ext link], by clicking on the linked post.
Emus4U is another popular app installer, downloaded mainly by those who are looking for their games emulators so that they can carry on playing their favorite console games on their devices. As well as some of the more popular emulators, Emus4U is also home to a few other Cydia tweaks, premium content for free and some modified apps and games like Pokémon Go++ and Spotify++. Click on the given link to get more details and find out how to download Emus4U [ext link].
Let us know if you have any problems during or after jailbreaking or if you have any questions about it. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest information direct to your inbox.