We have found a way to install a jailbreak on iOS 12, using Cydia. Note that , if you donot want to jailbreak your iOS device, there are now better alternatives like the Emus4U App which gives free and modified apps.
How to Jailbreak iOS 12 :
There are two methods, both requiring Safari browser and your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Safari browser on your device
- Go to the download button above.
- Wait for the page to load and then tap the UP arrow – bottom center (iPhone) or top right (iPad) of the screen
- A new page opens; at the bottom are a few more options. Tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now type Cydia into the box to give the app icon a name . Tap the Add button and close Safari .
- The Cydia icon is on your home screen
Video: Shows you how to download Pangu on iOS 12
After Cydia App is installed on iOS 12 homescreen
This is a little more complex so do make sure you follow the steps as written:
- Open the Cydia app on your iPhone or iPad and find your iOS version
- When the page has loaded, click the link to Install so that the profile can be installed on your device
- Settings opens, tap on Install Profile and type in your passcode
- Safar browser will open, tap Install Cydia and then tap Install on the confirmation box
- Settings opens again, tap Install > Next > Done on each successive page
- Wait until the installation process finishes, close Settings and look on your home screen – you should see the Cydia icon
If you don’t see the icon, the installation has failed and you will need to start again
Stop Cydia Crashing :
Because Cydia is not classed as an official app, Apple will not let it run on your device for long. After a few days, they will revoke the app certificate, stopping Cydia from working and leaving you having to reinstall it. You can stop this happening by installing NessTool onto your device after you install Cydia. NessTool is a VPN tool that hides the certificate; if Apple cant see it, they cant revoke it. Check out the link for more details and a NessTool download guide.
Alternatives to Cydia App :
Not everyone can install the Cydia jailbreak for iOS 12 but there are some other alternatives. Several app installers have been released to bring us a little bit of Cydia without the need to jailbreak and, while they will not be anywhere near as comprehensive as Cydia, they do provide a decent alternative – these are two of the best:
- TutuApp VIP
TutuApp VIP is very popular, mainly because it contains a high number of apps and games to choose from. You can get a few Cydia tweaks, lots of modified apps like Pokémon Go++, Snapchat++ and Spotify++, along with plenty of paid and premium apps for free. You can find out more about TutuApp VIP and how to download it at the link.
Emus4U is also very popular because it focuses on the games emulators that were once only available in Cydia. Now we can all play console games on our iOS devices without having to jailbreak and Emus4U offers a decent choice of emulators. It also has some of the modified apps, the paid apps for free and some other content that you cant get anywhere else. Follow the link for an Emus4U download guide.
None of the third-party app installers will replace Cydia entirely because they cannot offer the same depth of content – much of what is in Cydia requires the jailbreak to work. However, they do act as interim solutions and they do provide enough content to make them worth using. You can even run two or more your device at the same time so you get the whole range.
Do let us know how you get on with Cydia for iOS 12 or if you chose one of the alternative installers. For more jailbreak updates, you can follow us on Facebook.