In keeping with their “new” way of working, Apple has now released the iOS 11.2 download [ext link]. Ever since iOS 10, Apple has slammed us with a constant flow of updates, sometimes without letting us catch our breath between them. There are a couple of reasons for this; some of the previous iOS versions were so full of bugs and serious errors that they caused iOS users constant problems and a lot of embarrassment to Apple. For this reason alone, it makes sense that they should keep on updating iOS 11, fixing issues as soon as they arise to prevent more serious problems, but the other reason is most likely to do with jailbreaking. Here’s how you can jailbreak your iOS 11.2 device.
Image : iOS 11.2 Jailbreak Download
How to Download iOS 11.2 Jailbreak :
Choose from the easy method or the more advanced one, whichever suits your capabilities.
Method 1: Using Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
This method only works with Safari browser so don’t waste time with any other :
- Open Safari browser on your iPad or iPhone and go to the address bar
- Type in downloadpangu.org and go to it
- Our mobile webpage will open so wait for it to fully load and then tap on the UP arrow , top or bottom of your screen
- When the new page loads you will see some new options on the screen; tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you need to give the icon a name so type Pangu into the box and then tap the Add button
- When you come out of Safari you will see Pangu on your home screen
Video: This will walk you through these steps
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak [ Advanced Method ]
While Yalu Jailbreak has been a useful utility, it isn’t the jailbreak that we have gotten used to in the past. Anyone who tried to use it on iOS 10 will have discovered that it is limited and the same applies to iOS 11.2 :
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- For a start, Yalu only works on the iPhone, not the iPad and only on newer 64-bit iPhones
- It is semi-untethered and that means, every single time your iPhone is rebooted, you must reactivate Yalu. There is some help for that though, in the form of Extender Installer, a tool that will automate the process
- You cannot install Yalu directly onto your iPhone; you need to sideload it using Cydia Impactor and for this, you must have a valid Apple ID. It is possible for you to set up a dummy ID for this though, so you don’t have to use your main one.
Do you meet the criteria for installing Yalu jailbreak ? if you do, you can find a full download guide including download links in the posts below:
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2
Fix Cydia Continually Crashes Issue :
As will any app that you install using Cydia Impactor. This is because you are using your Apple ID, and this allows Apple to check on the apps you are using. Cydia Impactor signs the Yalu jailbreak certificate, not Apple and when they come to verify it, they won’t see it as valid; the result is they revoke the certificate and your app crashes. You can get around this though by downloading Anti Revoke [ext link], a new tool that blocks Apple from doing this.
As we mentioned, Yalu is limited but there are other options for those who can’t install it. Several app installers have been released recently, including AppValley, Emus4U, and vShare, each one giving us a little of what Cydia has and none of them need a jailbreak to work.
Cydia Alternative :
If you can’t jailbreak at the moment, you will be wondering where you are going to get your apps and tweaks from. You could try TutuApp [ext link], an alternative to Cydia that provides us with some of the tweaks, premium content for free and modified apps like Snapchat++, Pokémon Go++ and Spotify++. You will find a step by step guide on how to download TutuApp at the linked post
For those that are not able to download Cydia at the moment, there is an alternative called TweakBox [ext link]. Although it is not a full replacement for Cydia, it does give us back a few of the Cydia tweaks, some modified apps, like Instagram++, Snapchat++ and Pokémon Go++ and all the premium and paid content we want for free, all without needing to jailbreak. To download TweakBox, check out the guide at the linked article.
Let us know what you think of Yalu jailbreak for iOS 11.2, if you can use it, and follow us on Facebook for all the latest iOS 11.2 jailbreak news.