The iOS 11.2.6 download [ext link] has been released to the public and its ready for all users to update to right now. It’s a small update, a few security fixes, bug fixes and performance enhancements; the nearer we get to WWDC 2018, the smaller these updates are going to get as most of the major features are out and the bugs are mostly fixed. However, each new update affects the chances of a jailbreak but luckily, there are a couple of ways to jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 with Pangu. Read on to find out how.
Image : iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak
How to Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 :
Choose the easy method or the more advanced one:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to downloadpangu.org
- Wait for our mobile page to load and then tap on the UP arrow , top right [ iPad ] and bottom center [ iPhone ]
- This opens a new page where you will see some new options along the bottom , tap Add to Home Screen
- Now you need to give a name for the app icon so type Pangu into the box and tap on Add
- Close Safari and the Pangu icon is on your home screen
Video: This shows you these steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
You must follow these steps exactly to ensure that Pangu is installed on your device
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and then open this [ link ]
- An information page will load, find and tap on the link to Directly Install to iOS Device so that the profile can be downloaded
- Now Settings will automatically open, tap on Install Profile
- Type your passcode in and Safari browser opens
- Tap Install Pangu and then tap Install to confirm your intention
- Back in Settings, tap on Install > Next > Done
- Wait until the installation has finished and then start downloading your favorite tweaks
If the installation is not successful, go back and repeat the steps again .
How to Prevent Pangu Crashing Issue :
Pangu is not an app that that Apple approves of and that means they don’t sign the certificate nor do they let it into the iOS app store. Because of this, within a couple of days of you installing it, they are going to revoke the certificate and that will cause Pangu to crash and stop working. Reinstalling it will work but only for a few days so the easiest way around it is to install NessTool. This is a small VPN tool that protects your app certificates so that Apple cannot revoke them. Click on the link to find out how NessTool [ext link] works and how to download it.
Pangu Jailbreak Alternatives :
Pangu isn’t going to work on all iOS devices right now so many people are going to be left without access to Cydia. However, there are now alternative ways to get limited amounts of Cydia tweaks onto our devices without jailbreaking and those alternatives are third-party app installers, like these two:
- Tutu App
Tutu App is one of the most popular third-party app installers, with a huge range of content on it. There are some Cydia tweaks, lots of modified apps like Pokémon Go++ and Spotify++, access to millions of paid apps for free and a good deal more besides. Check out the link to see what Tutu App [ext link] can give you and how to download it.
Emus4U focuses on the games emulators that used to be such popular downloads from Cydia. These emulators let us install and play some of the old console games, like PS1, Nintendo, and Gameboy, on our iOS devices. You will find a few of the best ones in Emus4U alongside some other tweaks, modified games and apps and lots of other content. Find out more about Emus4U [ext link] and how to download it by clicking the link.
These app installers can never really take the place of Cydia and jailbreaking will always be the number one method of modifying your device. They can give you a bit of Cydia back though, serving as decent solutions while we wait for that next big jailbreak that everyone can use.
Follow us on Facebook and we’ll send you all the latest iOS 11.2.6 jailbreak news and updates.