A new jailbreak has been released purely for users of 32-bit devices on iOS 9.3.x. PPHelper was the last jailbreak for iOS 9 but only those with the newer 64 bit devices could use; now Home Depot Jailbreak has arrived to give those with older devices a chance to jailbreak as well.
Image : Home Depot Jailbreak
Don’t try to install Home Depot until you have read the following caveats that go with it:
- Home Depot is in beta and you will experience bugs and instability on your iOS device
- It is a semi-untethered device and you must reinstall the jailbreak each time you reboot your iOS device
- You must use a tool called Cydia Impactor to side load Hoe Depot onto your device – see the steps below:
Supported Devices :
This will work on these 32 bit devices
- All iOS devices on iOS 9.1 upto iOS 9.3.4.
How to Download Home Depot Using Cydia Impactor :
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac and open iTunes
- Make sure you are using the latest version and then back your data up [ don’t update to a later iOS version ]
- On your Mac or PC, download Cydia Impactor and Home Depot Jailbreak [ext link]
- Launch Cydia Impactor
- Find the Home Depot .ipa file and drag it to Cydia Impactor; drop it into the open window
- Type in your Apple ID
- Cydia Impactor is now going to side load Home Depot onto your iOS device
- Unplug your device when the side load has finished
- Open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Tap the Trust button beside the Home Depot Certificate and tap Trust again
- Open the Home Depot icon on your home screen
- A warning message will appear; tap OK and then Go
- When the installation is complete, your iOS device will respring to your home screen
- If you see the Cydia icon the jailbreak has been successful
- If you don’t see it, go back to Step 11 and repeat
- As Home Depot is a semi-untethered jailbreak, whenever your device is rebooted, you must repeat from Step 11
- The Apple ID is essential for Cydia impactor to work, if it is a Free ID, the Home Depot certificate is going to expire every 7 days and you will need to reinstall the jailbreak – follow steps 4 onwards
Offsets Not Found Fix :
Some users may face this error during the installation of Home Depot Jailbreak on iOS 9.3.5. Here is an easy fix for this.
How to Add an Offset :
- Download the Home Depot .ipa from the link given above onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Connect your device to your computer
- Open the Cydia Impactor folder and locate the file, double click to open it
- Now select your iOS device from the list
- You will be asked to provide your Apple ID and password so type it in and Cydia Impactor will install the package onto your device
- Disconnect your device and then, from your home screen, tap on the icon to open, click on Cydia | Jailbreak
- You will now see if this is supported on your device; if it is, you can input your own offsets [ offsets ]. Make sure you input the right ones for your specific device and the iOS version you are using ] .
Tell us if you have any trouble installing Home Depot and follow us on Facebook for more updates and news.