Jailbreaking is a really exciting thing to do to your iOS device, but it is not always so smooth and comes with its own set of risks as well. You can unlock great capabilities of your iOS device by jailbreaking it, but you will have a tough time dealing with it if something goes wrong while jailbreaking. As of now, the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak is the hottest topic of the town and everybody is busy jailbreaking their iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch.
Image : Pangu Jailbreak Error Code 51
However, as is always the case with new jailbreak tools, people are having problems with the Pangu jailbreak tool while jailbreaking iOS 9. One of the errors being encountered by users while using Pangu 9 jailbreak is that the jailbreak process is getting Stuck at 65% progress mark. The error looks something like this :
Error occurred in preparing the environment, err code (51)
The reason behind this error is that the Pangu 9 tool only supports iOS 9.0 – iOS 9.0.2 as of now, and those who are running iOS 9.1 will get this error if trying to jailbreak with the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak tool. But don’t worry, there’s a workaround for it too, and with a little bit of effort and time, you can get rid of this error.
Steps to Fix Error occurred in preparing the environment, err code (51) :
- First of all, backup all your data with iCloud or iTunes. Remember that backups created on new iOS versions cannot be restored on earlier iOS firmwares, so a full backup won’t work.
- In case your iOS device is running iOS 9.1 public beta, then go to Settings > General > Profile and delete the beta profile.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and reset all the settings.
- Now go to this link to download iOS 9.0.2 firmware files [ext link] .
- Now perform a fresh restore of iOS 9.0.2 on your iOS device and set up the device as new. You can use this guide to download and install iOS 9.0.2 on your iOS device.
- After installing a fresh copy of iOS 9.0.2, go to this link and download Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak tool.
- Jailbreak your iOS device now with the help of this guides – Pangu 9 Tutorial
Following this process should solve your issues and should get your device jailbroken and running smoothly. In case you are continuously experiencing this error while trying to jailbreak iOS 9.1 , then wait until Pangu 9.1 is released and Pangu updates its jailbreak tool to support the new firmware.