Cydia has to be the most popular app, one of the most downloaded on any iOS device. Right now, the latest version of Cydia is for iOS 9.3.3, although iOS 10 has now been released and we are awaiting a jailbreak for it as we speak. We shouldn’t expect it to be released too soon, though; Apple is releasing updates quite quickly at the moment and we are now on iOS 10.0.2. iOS 10.1 has been seeded to developers in beta and being as it will be a large update for the dual camera system on the iPhone 7 Plus, it is more than likely that we won’t see a jailbreak until after it is released.
Image : Cydia Download
If you haven’t downloaded Cydia yet and haven’t gotten around to jailbreaking your iOS device, the following tutorial will tell you how to do it.
Download Cydia :
There are two ways to do this:
- Does not require the use of a computer and is completely reversible. This method will place the Cydia app icon on your home screen, giving you full access to up to the minute Cydia updates
- Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using PPHelper jailbreak
Method 1 : Safari Method
This is for those who have upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.3 and can no longer install the PPHelper jailbreak. It will give you one touch access to the latest updates and developments on the next jailbreak.
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch – Safari is the only browser this will work with
- Go to cydiaios7.com
- A specially designed web page will open , locate and tap on the UP arrow. It will be either at the top of your screen or the bottom
- An options screen will appear, asking where you want to save the icon – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you will be asked to give that app a name so call it Cydia and tap the Add button
- Close Safari and you will see the Cydia app on your home screen. Tapping it on it will give you instant access to all the latest Cydia news.
Video: Watch this video for an explanation of these steps
Method 2 : PPHelper Jailbreak
Provided you are on iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.33, you can Download Cydia [ext link] by jailbreaking your iOS device. We have a step by step tutorial for you on how to install PPHelper, which you can find at the given link and which contains the download links for the jailbreak.
When you have finished jailbreaking your iOS device, head over to Cydia and, once it is set up for first use, download your very first app – Cydia Eraser. This is an important tool for jailbreakers as it allows you to restore your iOS device in the event of a problem without changing the iOS version you are on – you will be able to reinstall PPHelper afterward if you want to.