Pangu 9 jailbreak was released just a few days ago and users have been happily using it since then. However, it is obvious to expect a new jailbreak tool to be buggy, and the Pangu 9 Jailbreak tool is no different. Many users are reportedly experiencing issues like Cydia Crashing or Cydia Not Opening up [ext link] on their jailbroken iOS devices. Users have waited so long for a jailbreak after the TaiG jailbreak was patched, so these new issues will surely make the jailbreak users impatient. And given the fact that the main reason why people jailbreak is to install tweaks via Cydia, this problem needs to be resolved quickly.
Image : Cydia Crashing Problem Fix
In case you are having the same issue with Cydia on your jailbroken iOS 9 device, then you can fix it with the following step-by-step solution.
How to Resolve Cydia Crashing Issue :
- Backup your device fully with iTunes. Make sure to create an unencrypted backup.
- Go here and download iOS 9.0.2 firmware file [ext link] for your particular iOS 9 device.
- Now you need to enable DFU mode in your device. Plug in the device to your computer and start iTunes. Press and hold the Touch ID| Home button and the Power button together. After about 10 seconds, release Power button but keep pressing the Home button till iTunes gives you a confirmation that your device is in DFU mode.
- Once you have entered the DFU mode in your iOS device, press down the Alt key on Mac or left Shift key on Windows and simultaneously select the Restore iPhone… option in iTunes.
- Next, download Pangu 9 and jailbreak your iOS 9 device using this tutorial.
- Once you have jailbroken your device, do not launch Cydia yet. Ensure that your device is connected to Internet and the Airplane mode is toggled off.
- Now launch Cydia and let it load completely. Keep patience and do not touch your device until Cydia refreshes fully. Once Cydia has completed its refreshing, your iOS device will restart and Cydia will be running just fine.
- You will not notice that Cydia is working fine on your device.
This solution has worked for most of the users and has resolved the issue of Cydia not opening at all or Cydia crashing after launching. In case you are still facing the issues after trying the above solution, we suggest that you wait for an update to the Pangu 9.1 jailbreak tool, which will surely resolve most of the issues.
Other Useful Links :
Subscribe to Stay Tuned via Email Newsletter .