After such a long wait and many weeks of anxiety, we finally have a new jailbreak. It comes to us from Luca Todesco and is called Yalu Jailbreak. Some are quite surprised that Todesco has given us a jailbreak because he is not known for sharing his exploits with us in the form of a public jailbreak. However, he has told us that this could be the last public jailbreak for some time so we should make the most of it.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak Update
Before you Jailbreak :
- This is a beta jailbreak; this means that it is likely to be full of bugs and not too stable. Luca Todesco has recommended that great care be taken and only to install the jailbreak if you are experienced or a developer
- Yalu is not a simple to install jailbreak like we usually get. It must be side loaded using Cydia Impactor and you will need an Apple ID [ full steps are given below ]
- Lastly, in the same way that PPHelper was, this is a semi-untethered jailbreak and it will have to be reinstalled whenever your device is rebooted
How to Install Yalu Jailbreak :
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your Mac or PC
- Download Yalu jailbreak .ipa file onto your Mac or PC [ext link]
- Back up your data using the latest version of iTunes
- Disable your Passcode and Touch ID if applicable by opening Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone/iPad by opening Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone | iPad whichever is applicable
- Connect your device to your computer and launch Cydia Impactor
- Open the .ipa file and drag it to Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and password
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to side load the jailbreak onto your iOS device , do not touch anything while this is going on
- When Cydia Impactor has finished, disconnect your device and open Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- Locate the app , it may be called Yalu or mach_portal and tap on Trust; come out of settings
- From your home screen, tap on the mach_portal icon and wait for it to load up.
- It will take a few seconds so be patient; your iOS device will respring and you should see Cydia on your home screen
Be aware that, as this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, whenever you reboot your device, you will need to do Step 11 again, every time. Also, if you are using a free Apple ID, the app certificate will expire every 7 days and you will need to start from step 7 again each time. Paid Apple ID’s do not have to do this.