iOS 8.4.1 had patched the TaiG jailbreak and had thus left the jailbreakers asking for more. But thanks to the Pangu team, we received an iOS 9 jailbreak just a month after the iOS 9 release and only a few days after Apple seeded iOS 9.1 for the public. All the jailbreak lovers used the tool to jailbreak their iOS 9 devices, but the process was not smooth for everyone. As the Pangu 9 tool was still new and fresh, it was bound to be buggy and users have been facing issues with their iOS devices after jailbreaking them. Also, many users do not like the Pangu app icon that stays after jailbreaking the device. Saurik did release an updated and iOS 9-compatible version of Cydia for users to install separately after jailbreaking with the Pangu tool, while Saurik has also talked to Pangu to get the new Cydia version incorporated in the Pangu 9 jailbreak.
Image : Remove Pangu Jailbreak
So if you are facing issues with your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad after jailbreaking with the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool, you may want to remove the Pangu jailbreak from your device. The following tutorial will guide you step-by-step.
How to Remove Pangu from your iOS device:
1. Remove Pangu Loader from Cydia
- Launch Cydia from the home screen of your iOS 9 device.
- Tap on the Installed option given at the bottom.
- Search for Pangu loader for iOS.
- Tap it and then choose Modify > Remove.
- Pangu will now be deleted from your iOS device. You need to reboot your iPhone | iPad | iPod Touch for the changes to take place.
2. Update your iOS device
- Go to Settings in your iOS 9 device.
- Browse to General > Software Update.
- Choose Download and Update.
- Your iOS device will now be updated to the latest iOS version, thus removing Pangu in the process.
3. Restore your iOS 9 device
- First download the IPSW firmware file for your specific iOS device through these ext links : [ iOS 9 ] [ iOS 8 ].
- Plug in your iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- Open iTunes and take a complete backup of your data.
- Now hold down the OPTION key (Mac) or the SHIFT key (Windows) and simultaneously click the Restore button in iTunes.
- Now navigate to the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier and select it.
- iTunes will now update your iOS device to the latest firmware and Pangu will be removed from the device.
After updating to the new iOS firmware, Pangu and all the jailbreak tweaks will be deleted from your device and your device will reboot to stock iOS. Remember that iOS 9.1 is unjailbreakable as of now, and it will take some time before a new jailbreak comes up. So make sure that you update to the latest iOS 9.1 firmware only if you can wait for the next jailbreak.
Note : This tutorial applies for iOS 9 , iOS 9 and all upcoming iOS releases .
If you don’t want to lose the jailbreak and want to stay on iOS 9 but still want to delete the jailbreak from your iOS device for the time being, then you can use Cydia Impactor for iOS 9. If you want to jailbreak again, you can use the following guides: