Pangu has been giving us great jailbreak tools since a good many years now. It was only a couple of weeks ago when the team released the Pangu 10 jailbreak tool that supported iOS 10 to iOS 7. This was followed by an update to the tool, which fixed some bugs and issues in it. Even though iOS 10.0.1 has killed the jailbreak, a lot of people are still on the older iOS versions that can be jailbroken using the Pangu jailbreak tool.
Image : Pangu Jailbreak Tutorial
The Pangu tool was earlier available only on the Windows platform, which caused great inconvenience to Mac users. However, Pangu soon resolved this issue by releasing a Mac-compatible version of the Pangu tool. So if you are looking to jailbreak your iOS device, then the following guide will help you step-by-step.
Jailbreak Available :
- iOS 7 [ detailed tutorial – ext link ]
- iOS 8 [ detailed tutorial ]
- iOS 9 [ detailed tutorial ]
- iOS 10 [detailed tutorial ]
Pangu Jailbreak Tutorial :
Note: You can use this guide to jailbreak iOS 7 upto iOS 10 using the Pangu tool. This tutorial comprehensively covers the instructions for Windows and Mac.
- Download Pangu jailbreak tool with the given links. Mac and Windows version available
- Backup the data in your iOS device through iTunes or iCloud.
- Turn on the Airplane Mode in your iPad | iPod Touch | iPhone.
- Turn off Touch ID | Passcode and Find My iPhone.
- Plug in your iOS device to your computer and open the Pangu tool. If using Windows, right click the Pangu tool icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- In case you are on Mac and face the Unidentified Developer error, just disable it by following the linked tutorial.
- After Pangu tool has launched and detected your iOS device, click the Start button and the jailbreak process will begin.
- It is normal for your iOS device to respring a few times during a process. Just stay patient and do not touch anything.
- After the jailbreak has completed, your device will reboot naturally and the Cydia icon will appear on the Home screen.
Pangu Jailbreak Tool Download Links :
If you come across errors while trying to jailbreak using the Pangu too, you can consult our Pangu troubleshooting guide.