Although the iOS 8 untethered jailbreak was released nearly a month ago, it is only just recently that it has been fully updated to include a number of missing features. First of all, Cydia was not in the first release, mainly because it was not compatible with iOS 8. Within a couple of days, Saurik rectified that and users could install Cydia manually. Second, the tool was only available in the Chinese language but, on one of the many updates provided by Pangu, that was changed and it is now in English.
Image : Pangu 8 Jailbreak on Mac
Third, Pangu 8 was only available to Windows users. For those who had a Mac, the choice was either waiting for a new version or using a virtual PC to install Windows on and then jailbreak with that version. That has now changed and Pangu has released a Mac version of their iOS 8 untethered jailbreak tool. If you have been eagerly awaiting this, here’s how to use it.
Compatible iOS Devices
The following iOS devices are fully compatible with the jailbreak – if it isn’t here, it won’t work.
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
Using Pangu 8 on Mac :
- Take a backup of your data on iTunes and iCloud
- Update to iOS 8 – Do not use the OTA method, only iTunes. Download iOS 8 latest version [ext link] for your device here .
- Download Pangu for Mac [ Links below ]
- Connect your Mac and iOS device together and open iTunes
- Place your iOS device into Airplane mode
- Disable the passcode or Touch ID
- Disable Find my iPhone
- Right click the Pangu icon on your Mac desktop – you will get a warning that this is downloaded from the internet – click on Open
- Allow Pangu to detect your iOS device and click Start Jailbreak
- Confirm that your iOS device has been backed up and Pangu will begin the jailbreak process
- Your device will reboot a few times but, when the jailbreak has been successfully installed, Pangu will tell you and the Cydia icon will appear on your home screen
Download Links :
- v 1.0.0 [all versions]
That’s all there is to it, your iOS device is now jailbroken and you can begin the fun of downloading your favorite tweaks. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest information direct to your inbox.