Hot on the heels of iOS 10.2 and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 comes an update to iTunes, in the form of v12.5.4. The last update was about 6 weeks ago, and this time, as well as a number of bug fixes and performance improvements, iTunes 12.5.4 includes a couple of new features as well.
Image : Download iTunes
iTunes 12.5.4 Features :
The latest update to iTunes contains 2 features of note :
- Support for Touch Bar on the 2016 MacBook Pro. The support means that users can use the Touch Bar scrubber control to move forwards or rewind through the video, TV show, music or other media that is played through iTunes
- TV App support. The new app has just gone live in TV OS 10.1 and in iOS 10.2 and is a central place where all video apps that come via varied service and TV providers come together in one single interface
- Bug fixes
- Performance enhancements
If you haven’t yet updated your iOS device to iOS 10.2, the download links and tutorial for the iOS 10.2 download [ ext link ] can be found at the provided link and below we show you how to update iTunes to 12.5.4 .
Download iTunes Tutorial :
If you are ready to upgrade, and see what Apple has given us this time, you can click on this link [ext link], open the store on your Mac and click on Updates or, you can do it through iTunes itself by following the steps below.
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Clicking on the tab for Help and then on the option for Check for Updates
- iTunes will search for the latest updates
- Follow the instructions on the screen to update your version
Is this a welcome change to iTunes or do you not use it enough to worry about updates like this one ? Subscribe to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook to be kept up to date with the latest developments