A few days ago, we told you about changes to the business of unlocking phones in the USA and today, those changes come into effect. The new standards were approved in 2013 by the CTIA and they should make the whole process uniform across the board. All major US carriers must comply with the new standards, which will make life much easier for the consumer. The following will help you to understand the requirements in general and for each carrier .
Image : New Phone Unlocking Rules Valid in US
Before you Unlock your iPhone :
- Your contract must be finished OR the appropriate early termination fee paid
- You will not need to pay anything to unlock your iPhone from now on
- Carrier locked tablets are also covered
- You may have to wait up to 2 working days for the unlock to take effect
- All carriers will carry out to checks to ensure that the phone or tablet has not been reported lost, stolen or has been involved in fraudulent activity. Any devices covered under these will not be unlocked.
Device Unlocking Policy 2015 – US Cellular Providers :
If you are a Sprint customer, you will need to call 1-888-211-4727 and speak to an agent who will process your request. Full details here
Verizon customers need to call 1-800-711-8300 and ask the customer representative for a SIM unlock. Terms and conditions here.
If you are a T-Mobile customer, call 1-877-746-0909 to speak to a representative about unlocking your iPhone or iPad. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Hopefully, these details will help any customer of any major US carrier to get their iPhone or iPad unlocked easily. Just a reminder that, if you have a contract, this must be satisfied or an early termination fee paid before you can request an unlock on your phone or tablet. If you have a pre-paid device you can unlock it 12 months after the purchase date and both unlocks are completely free.
Stay Tuned for More iPhone News – Subscribe :