Some days are just meant to be good news days and today is one of those. After a long drought without a jailbreak, after many updates by Apple, we finally have the prize we have been waiting for. Pangu, together with PP Assistant has released a new iOS 9.2 jailbreak. iOS 9 has been somewhat buggy, leading to a large number of updates. This could be why there has been such a delay between jailbreaks as there is a very high probability that a number of exploits have been patched along the way. But, the waiting is over and most of us can get back down to the business of jailbreaking.
Image : iOS 9.2 Jailbreak Update
We say most of us because, unfortunately, not everyone is going to be able to use this jailbreak, at least not at the moment. PPHelper will not work on a Mac computer, only on Windows, although we are hopeful for a Mac tool being released at some time in the near future. We also know that the jailbreak will only work on 64-bit devices, which cuts the list of potential users a bit more, although most of the active registered devices are 64-bit now so not too many more people are going to miss out. It’s also unlikely that the tool will ever support the 32-bit device, given that Apple is also gradually dropping support for them as well.
Compatible Devices :
These are the PPHelper compatible devices :
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to iOS 9.2 Jailbreak iPhone :
There are three methods for iOS 9.2 jailbreak , all of these methods are listed and explained below .
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
Install the PPHelper jailbreak onto your device through your Windows computer. The given link will provide you with access to a step by step tutorial in English. Important for some people given that the current tool is in the Chinese language.
Methods 2 : Safari method to Jailbreak iOS 9.2
- First make sure you have iOS 9.2 installed on your device
- Now open up your iPhone homescreen and tap on Safari browser. Note that using any other iOS browser like Google Chrome or Opera will not work for this method .
- Open up search and type in this keyword “ios 9.2 jailbreak” without the quotes . In the search results page search and tap on the result with the url downloadpangu.org as shown in the image below. This page is specifically designed to download Pangu 9 app icon on your device. Right now this method works
only oniPhone and iPod. iPad also supported now.
- If you cannot find the page or if Google is not available in your country , simply type in the url downloadpangu.org in the address bar as shown in the image below .
- Now as the page loads , go to the bottom of the screen and tap on the Up arrow as shown here .
- This will open an a window where you can choose “Add to Home Screen” option . Tap on that
- Now save the app and name it Pangu . Tap on Add at the top right corner
- Voila ! You have downloaded Pangu 9.2 app icon on your iOS 9 homescreen . Tap to launch the app icon to stay updated to iOS 9 jailbreak status
Video : Step by step video of the above process
Method 3 : Pangu 9.2 Jailbreak Installer
In this method you have to download Pangu 9.2 jailbreak tool for your computer running Windows or Mac operating system. You will need a working internet connection , your device and usb cable for connection. Pangu released this jailbreak very suddenly and that means we are still waiting for the Pangu 9.2 installer. As soon as it is available, we’ll pass the details on to you but, in the meantime, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter below and follow us on Facebook.