Jailbreaks are like a rare collectible item, few and far between and, when you do manage to get your hands on one, you hang on to it as tightly as possible. That’s the way some people have viewed the last few month; the last jailbreak that we could use freely was for iOS 9.1 firmware and many people had given up hope of another one coming along. Well, this week we have some great news for you – Pangu has some through for us once again and released PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2.1.
Image : iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak Pangu Update
Sadly, not everyone will be able to take advantage of this good news. At the time of writing this article, Pangu has only released their iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak tool for Windows users, leaving Mac users out of it for the time being. However, we have no doubt that they will release a version for the Mac at some point and when they do, we’ll let you know. Secondly, if you own a 32-bit device, you are also out of luck as PPHelper can only be installed on 64-bit devices.
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to Install iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak :
There are three ways to install the new iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak onto your iOS device so pick the one that suits you and get jailbreaking. You can choose any one of these methods to install IOS 9.2.1 jailbreak onto your compatible iOS device .
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
PPHelper jailbreak is only available in Chinese at the moment, while we wait for an English version, so nobody else can miss out, we have a step by step tutorial, complete with diagrams, for you to follow. Use the given link to find out how to install the PPHelper jailbreak.
Method 2 : Safari Method for iOS 9.2.1 Jailbreak
This tutorial will come in handy for iOS 9.2.1 users who dont have or want to use a computer for jailbreaking . This is a completely reversible process , and Pangu jailbreak app downloaded by this method can be deleted [tutorial link] anytime directly from your device .
- Open the Safari browser on iPhone running iOS 9
- Open search and type in “ios 9.2.1 jailbreak” without the quotes as shown in the image below. Tap on the results where the url says downloadpangu.org. This page is specifically designed for Pangu 9 app icon download on your home screen .
- Double check that the site that you opened says downoadpangu.org in the url or else it wont work .If for some reason you cannot find the result in the search page , simply type in downloadpangu.org in the address bar and open the page .
- Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap on the UP arrow .
- This will bring up a new window where you get the option to add to homescreen . Tap on this to proceed
- Now name the app Pangu if not already its there , then tap on Add
- Congratulation , you have Pangu 9 on your homescreen . Open the app icon to stay updated to iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak status .
Video : Step by Step Process Explained as above
Method 3 : Pangu 9.2.1 Installer
Pangu 9.2.1 jailbreak installer hasn’t been released yet but, given that Pangu appeared to release the jailbreak in a bit of a hurry, it will no doubt be released sometime in the near future. In the meantime, you can subscribe to our free email newsletter below and follow us on Facebook to make sure you stay up to date with the latest developments.