We finally have a trusted jailbreak for iOS 9 , the latest and undoubtedly the greatest iOS firmware till date. And the face behind this iOS 9 jailbreak is Team Pangu, unarguably the most talented hacker team in the iOS jailbreak scenario. The Pangu 9 jailbreak tool works for iOS 9 upto iOS 9.0.2. The tool also works with iOS 9.1 beta 5 , but try at your own risk . So in case you are looking to jailbreak your iOS 9.0.2 device, just follow this easy tutorial step by step.
Image : Pangu 9.0.2 Jailbreak Tutorial
Update 30th Oct 2015 : iOS 9.0.2 has been stopped being signed by Apple. What it means ? Now no one can install iOS 9.0.2 , downgrade to iOS 9.0.2 , restore to iOS 9.0.2. So its the right time to jailbreak your existing iOS 9.0.2 device . If you are looking for iOS 9.1 jailbreak , read the linked article .
Pangu 9 – iOS 9.0.2 Compatible Devices :
Devices that can upgrade to iOS 9 or later can support the Pangu 9 tool. The Pangu tool is available for Windows
as of now, and will be released for Mac soon as well as Mac. The full list of iOS devices compatible with the Pangu tool is given below:
- iPod Touch 5G
- iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s [iPhone 6s and 6s Plus compatibility awaited]
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini Retina, and iPad mini.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu 9 :
Method 1 : Using Pangu 9 Jailbreak Tool
Pangu 9 jailbreak tool requires you to have a Windows PC or Mac in order to jailbreak your iOS 9 device. Please note that it is important that you backup all your data with iTunes before jailbreaking the device.
- Create a full backup of your iOS 9 device with iTunes | iCloud.
- Disable Touch ID | Passcode and Find My iPhone.
- Download the Pangu 9 tool to your PC | Mac and launch it. If on Windows, right-click on the tool icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Plug your iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone to the PC and wait for the Pangu 9 tool to detect the device. Then click the Start button.
- The jailbreak process will now begin. Do not disturb your device or computer until asked for.
- During the process, you will be asked to enable the AirPlane mode several times. Go to Settings > Airplane mode to do so.
- Your iOS device will finally reboot and the Cydia icon will be visible on the Home screen.
- You can now enjoy your favourite Cydia tweaks. Make sure to check out the list of iOS 9 compatible tweaks.
Video : Here is a step by step video of iOS 9.0.2 Jailbreak
If you’re having troubles with the jailbroken firmware and want to move back to stock iOS, you can use the Pangu remover tool or Cydia Impactor as explained in this guide. If the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool is showing errors, you can check out the solutions here .