Jailbreaking is a popular thing among iOS users and one of the most downloaded of all the apps from Cydia are Games Emulators. Many people have updated to iOS 10 or beyond and are now unable to install PPHelper, which means they are missing out on these emulators. GBA4iOS, one of the biggest and most popular, could be downloaded without a jailbreak but, following iOS 8.1, it has gotten harder and harder to do resulting in the developer declaring it officially dead.
Image : Delta Emulator Download Tutorial
There is some good news though; that same developer has been working on a new one and is now ready for you to use it. It’s called Delta Emulator and it is like GBA4iOS. It includes support for more games consoles, such as Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo as well as Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games and more are going to be added sometime soon. Right now, though, you can download Delta Emulator [ext link] on your iOS device and enjoy some of the best retro games ever made.
Image : Delta Emulator Menu System
Supported Devices :
If you own one of these devices, Delta Emulator will work:
- iPhone 4s, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – both models
- iPod Touch 5thand 6th Generations
How to Download Delta Emulator :
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, open the standalone Safari app
- Type deltaemulator.org into the address bar and go to it
- A web page will load up , look in the top corner on the right or in the center at the bottom of the screen for the UP arrow and tap on it
- Now you will see some options at the bottom of the page; tap the one that says Add to Home Screen
- A new page will appear with a box in it , type in Delta this will be the name of your app icon
- Now you can tap on add and then come out of Safari browser; the icon will be on your screen
Video: Watch this video for an explanation of these steps
Delta Emulator is going to be a good alternative for those who either don’t want to jailbreak or who are waiting for the next jailbreak to be released. However, if you find that you can’t get on with Delta Emulator and you want to Delete Delta Emulator [ext link] , the steps can be found in our linked post.
If you follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our free email newsletter, we’ll send the latest updates straight to your inbox