Cydia Impactor is a well known jailbreak tool but anyone looking for it now will not find what they are looking for. Saurik has renamed Cydia Impactor to Cydia Eraser although the tool itself still works the same way [ Cydia Eraser will remove the jailbreak from your iOS device ] . Cydia Impactor has now been updated to digitally sign any IPA file [ .ipa ] e.g. Pangu , Phantom for Extensify etc , and then downloading and installing it onto your iOS device via a side loaded app.
Image : Cydia Impactor
How to Sideload Apps using Cydia Impactor :
- Run Cydia Impactor. Download Cydia Impactor utility for Mac or Windows [ link ]
- Now plug your device into your computer
- Make sure that you can still see the Cydia Impactor interface and drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor.
- Make sure your device is picked up and recognized
- Click on OK on the warning that pops up
- Enter your Apple ID and click on OK. This is needed to install the certificate and, although we are told it is safe to do this, you can, if you prefer, set up a dummy ID for this process.
- Input the password for the Apple ID you are using and click OK
- Cydia Impactor will now prepare the app and sign the IPA file.
- If everything goes as it should, the sideloaded .ipa will be installed onto your iOS device [ in this case Pangu app ]. Do not run the new app for now [ see image below ]
- Go to your iOS device. Open Settings > General > Device Management. If you are on a lower iOS version, open Settings > General > Profile
- Tap on the Apple ID profile and then tap on Trust
- Close Settings down and open the new app
Let us know if you get on OK with this and if you come across any problems. If you Subscribe to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, you will get all the latest updates direct to your inbox