Cydia Impactor is a well known jailbreak tool but anyone looking for it now will not find what they are looking for. Saurik has renamed Cydia Impactor to Cydia Eraser although the tool itself still works the same way – it will remove the jailbreak from your iOS device and keep it to the iOS version you were on when you installed Cydia [ext link]. The tool has been updated to support iOS 9.3.3 and PPHelper jailbreak. What has changed is Cydia Impactor. This is a brand new tool that is used to install the newly updated PPHelper jailbreak, by digitally signing an IPA file and then downloading and installing it onto your iOS device via a side-loaded app.
Image : Cydia Impactor – iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak
PPHelper itself has been updated and is now available in English with support added in for Mac and Linux. The process for using the jailbreak has also changed to include the use of Cydia Impactor. Before we tell you how to jailbreak your device using Cydia Impactor, there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- First, PPHelper is still semi-untethered, which means you still need to install the jailbreak again whenever you reboot your iOS device
- You do not need to use a computer to install the new version of PPHelper
- You will need your Apple ID to hand – a certificate needs to be downloaded for the side-loaded app
- If your Apple ID is a regular one, you will need to reinstall the certificate every 7 days using Cydia Impactor
- If your Apple ID is a developer account ID, you won’t need to reinstall the jailbreak for a period of 12 months
While you will need to repeat the side-loading, you will not have to reinstall all of your tweaks and apps every 7 days.
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2,3, 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
- Ensure you are using the most up to date version of iTunes
- Back your data up using iTunes and/or iCloud
- Check the list above to make sure your device is compatible with PPHelper
- If necessary, update your iOS device to iOS 9.3.3 download [ext link] using the IPSW method
- Disable Touch ID, your passcode and Find my iPhone/iPad
Before You Jailbreak :
- Download the IPA file for PPHelper jailbreak and save it to your desktop – NvwaStone_1.0.ipa [ link ]
- Download Cydia Impactor utility for Mac or Windows [ link ]
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 :
- Run Cydia Impactor
- Now plug your device into your computer
- Make sure that you can still see the Cydia Impactor interface and drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor.
- Make sure your device is picked up and recognized
- Click on OK on the warning that pops up
- Enter your Apple ID and click on OK. This is needed to install the certificate and, although we are told it is safe to do this, you can, if you prefer, set up a dummy ID for this process.
- Input the password for the Apple ID you are using and click OK
- Cydia Impactor will now prepare the jailbreak and sign the IPA file.
- If everything goes as it should, Pangu jailbreak will be installed onto your iOS device. Do not run the jailbreak for now
- Go to your iOS device. If you are running iOS 9.3.3, open Settings > General > Device Management. If you are on a lower iOS version, open Settings > General > Profile
- Tap on the Apple ID profile and then tap on Trust
- Close Settings down and open Pangu from the home screen
- A window will pop up asking you to allow Pangu to send you notifications – click on OK
- Go to the Pangu app and tap on Start – the jailbreak will begin so lock your device immediately using the Power button
- When the jailbreak has installed, you will see a notification on your lock screen. Your device will respring when Cydia is completely installed
- When your Home screen reappears you can tap on Cydia to start using it
Let us know if you get on OK with this and if you come across any problems. If you Subscribe to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook, you will get all the latest updates direct to your inbox